After a very successful conference on Computer-Mediated Communication and Social Media Corpora in Bolzano, Italy in October 2017 (cmccorpora17) we are preparing a post-conference monograph to be published by Clermont Auvergne University Publishing House, France in the fall of 2018 as part of their Linguistics collection Cahiers du Laboratoire de Recherche sur le Langage. An open-access version will also be made available.
We invite unpublished original work focusing on the collection, analysis and processing of computer-mediated communication, such as exchanges on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), forum posts, news comments, wiki discussions and blog entries as well as e-mail, SMS, WhatsApp, YouTube and discussions in multimodal environments. Authors who did not present at the conference are also welcome.
Topics of interest
- Development of CMC corpora
- Building CMC corpora: from data collection to publication
- Open data for research on CMC: questions of ethics and rights
- Annotation of CMC genres: representation of CMC genres, annotation of linguistic phenomena, metadata
- Multimodal corpora
- Analysis of CMC corpora
- Sociolinguistic studies of CMC
- Discourse analysis of CMC
- Linguistic characteristics of CMC
- Multimodal aspects of CMC
- Language in contact and code-switching in CMC
- CMC in language learning & teaching
- Natural Language Processing of CMC
- PoS Tagging
- Syntactic parsing
- Named-entity recognition
- The foreseen length of book chapters is 8,000 words.
- A formatting template and style instructions can be found here.
- Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com.
- Submissions will be reviewed by two reviewers.
|15th January 2018||Submission of extended papers|
|15th March 2018||Notification of acceptance/rejection|
| ||Submission of revised versions|
|Autumn 2018||Expected publication|